Join us for a dolphin watching adventure, including a tour of the Gulfport Harbor.
FERRY SERVICE TO SHIP ISLAND
SHIP ISLAND FERRY SERVICE OFFERED MARCH - OCTOBER
Christmas Gift Certificate Special: Buy a $125 Gift Certificate for $100. Click Here to Buy Now!
Location: Our boat dock is located in the Harbor at Jones Park, Gulfport, MS (Intersection of Hwy. 49 and Hwy. 90) We are located next to the Lighthouse. Parking is Free!
- Click HERE to view in Google Maps
Round-Trip Ferry Route:
- Gulfport Harbor to Ship Island, Ft Massachusetts (10.7 miles) Approx. 1 Hour Cruise
- NOTICE: Fort Massachusetts will be intermittently closed due to flooding in the Fort. Interpretative talks will be conducted at the Fort entrance 15 minutes after the boat arrives.
Ferry Operation Seasons:
- Spring: March 16th – May 17th
- Summer: May 18th – August 18th
- Fall: August 21st – October 27th
Ferry Departure Times:
- Spring: Depart Gulfport 9am – Depart Ship Island 2:30pm Wednesday – Friday / Depart Gulfport 9am and 12pm – Depart Ship Island 2:30pm or 5pm Saturday & Sunday
- Summer: Depart Gulfport 9am and 12pm – Depart Ship Island 2:30pm or 5pm (7) Days a Week
- Fall: Depart Gulfport 9am – Depart Ship Island 2:30pm Wednesday – Friday / Depart Gulfport 9am and 12pm – Depart Ship Island 2:30pm or 5pm Saturday & Sunday
Payments & Refunds:
- We accept all Major Credit Cards in the Ticketing System. We do not accept AX on the boats & Island.
- Refunds should be submitted in writing to [email protected] 48 hours in advance.
- Gulfport → Ship Island Round Trip
- Child (3-12)
- Senior (65+)
- Military (with ID)
- Infant (2 & under)
- Weekday Family Package - 1 Umbrella Set is added on at checkout for $25!
- Children (ages 3-12)
- Turn Around Cruise to Ship Island
- Adults (Ages 11+)
- Children (Ages 3-10)
Gulfport → Ship Island Round Trip
Online and Walk-Up Ticket Prices: (Online Tickets are charged a 6% fee upon checkout but your seats are reserved)
- Adult: $44
- Child (ages 3-12) $38
- Senior (65 & older): $42
- Military (Active with ID) $42
- Infants: $0 (Caution – Prepare for extreme heat – Not recommended for infants)
2 Chairs and Umbrella: $25 (Reserve on Island Only)
(Strongly Recommend you Buy Online as we do sell out on Weekends & Summer Weekdays)
Ship Island Family Package
(Offered Weekdays all Season Long)
SAVE $5 ON AN ONLINE ADULT AND CHILD TICKET WITH THIS OFFER:
- Family package requires you buy a minimum of 4 tickets up to a maximum of 10 tickets. Family Package prices are Adult $39 / Children (ages 3-12) $33. No Military or Senior rate available.
- Family package is only available Online and is not available at the Ticket Office.
- Family package includes (2) chairs and (1) umbrella on Ship Island for the rental price of $25. This fee is added to your tickets automatically when you check out. You may purchase additional umbrella sets on the Island.
- Family package is only available on Weekdays in the Spring, Summer and Fall Season. No Weekends or Holidays.
- Family package subject to space available on the boats. We recommend you buy your tickets early.
- Please remember to travel light. See Luggage Policy on the Website.
Turn Around Cruise
- Our Turn Around Cruise offers a 1 hour trip to Ship Island. Upon arriving at Ship Island we board passengers and return to Gulfport. No time on the island. Departs at 3:30pm and you are back in Gulfport at 6pm. Snack bar is available.
Passengers are allowed small carry-on items. Boat storage space is limited. Coolers (42 quart or less) and backpacks are permitted, but subject to search. No glass containers. Wagons and pop-up tents prohibited. See Carry On Policy below:
A MESSAGE ABOUT ISLAND SHADE
Ship Island is approximately 7 miles long an offers beautiful, high quality natural beaches for hiking and swimming. The treeless island offers visitors minimal shade. Prepare for the sun, especially in summer. A Ship Island sunburn is legendary. The National Park Service provides a large covered picnic pavilion and restroom facility with drinking water on both the north and south side of the island. A snack bar, along with beach umbrella and chair rentals are available on the South Beach. Additional shade and protection from storms are also available inside Fort Massachusetts.
A MESSAGE ABOUT THE WEATHER
Our staff constantly monitors the weather. Cruises are sometimes suspended due to unsafe weather and sea conditions. Check the marine forecast for conditions the day of your trip.
An affordable, family-friendly adventure from the Gulfport Yacht Harbor!
Ship Island is closed and reopens March 16.
Mississippi’s finest beaches are located on Ship Island. The island is one of four barrier islands approximately 11 miles south of Gulfport. The islands are accessible by boat only. Ship Island Excursions offers the only authorized public ferry service. The boats are located in the Gulfport Yacht Harbor at the intersection of Hwy. 90 and Hwy. 49. In addition to experiencing interesting sights along a route that crosses the Mississippi Sound, you are almost sure to spot Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins during the approximate 1-hour boat ride to the island.
Ship Island offers visitors history, relaxation, and the opportunity to explore miles of quiet, high quality, natural sand beaches for hiking and surf bathing. The unspoiled island is surrounded by deep, emerald green waters not found on the mainland beaches. If you are a beach person you will love Ship island. This protected national seashore island affords visitors the best beaches for swimming, shelling and birding found anywhere along the Northern Gulf Coast. In addition, Civil War era Fort Massachusetts (circa 1858) is part of an extensive history you’ll discover during your visit to Ship Island.
The island offers very little commercial development. However, a national park ranger station and visitor amenities are available near the ferry landing and Fort Massachusetts. A snack bar and covered picnic pavilion is located on the South side of the island. The National Park Service provides a boardwalk that begins in front of the fort and extends one third of a mile across the island to the popular south side. Lifeguards are generally available on the south beach in summer. The National Park Service provides restrooms, freshwater showers, drinking water and covered picnic areas. A snack bar is located at the end of the boardwalk on the Gulf Beach. Fort tours are also provided during the ferry operating season.
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Monday – Tuesday No trip No trip Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am 2:30 pm Saturday – Sunday 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Sunday – Saturday (all week) 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Wednesday – Friday 9am 2:30pm Saturday – Sunday 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm