Join us for a dolphin watching adventure, including a tour of the Gulfport Harbor.
Our commitment to keep you safe during COVID19: Click HERE
Fort Massachusetts is Closed on Ship Island
Round-Trip Ferry Routes:
- Gulfport → Ship Island
Ferry Operation Seasons:
- Spring: March 14th – May 15th
- Summer: May 16th – August 16th
- Fall: August 19th – November 1st
Walk-up Ticket Prices at Boat Dock:
- Adult: $32
- Child: $22
- Senior: $30
- Military: $30
- Infant: $0
2 Chairs and Umbrella: $25 (Reserve on Island Only)
Ship Island Family Package
SAVE $5 ON AN ADULT AND CHILD TICKET WITH THIS OFFER
- Family package requires you buy a minimum of 4 tickets up to a maximum of 10 tickets. Family Package prices are Adult $27 / Children (ages 3-10) $17. No Military or Senior rate available.
- Family package is only available Online and is not available at the Ticket Office.
- Family package include (2) chairs and an umbrella on Ship Island for the rental price of $25. This fee is added to your tickets automatically when you check out.
- Family package is only available on Weekdays. No Weekends or Holidays.
- Family package subject to space available on the boats. We recommend you buy you’re tickets early.
- Please remember to travel light. See Luggage Policy on the Website.
Want multiple visits – Frequent Rider Pass
Passengers are allowed small carry-on items. Boat storage space is limited. Coolers (42 quart or less) and backpacks are permitted, but subject to search. No glass containers. Wagons and pop-up tents prohibited. See Carry On Policy below:
“Ferry service is weather-dependent and will be suspended for lightning, fog, high winds and heavy rain”.
- Child (3-10)
- Senior (62+)
- Military (with ID)
- Infant (2 & under)
An affordable, high-quality, family-friendly beach day from the Gulfport Yacht Harbor/Jones Park
Mississippi’s finest beaches are located on Ship Island. The island is approximately 11 miles south of Gulfport is accessible by Ship Island Excursions’ ferry boats. The boats are located in the Gulfport Yacht Harbor and. Relax while watching for Atlantic bottlenose dolphins during an approximate 1 hour ferry ride to the island.
Ship Island, with its tranquil stretches of National Park beaches, invites you for an affordable family vacation where you explore, swim, and relax on a fun-filled day in Mississippi. Experience pristine Gulf waters, enjoy high-quality natural beaches, and tour historic Fort Massachusetts(circa 1858), all part of Gulf Islands National Seashore.
In addition to history, the unspoiled island provides excellent birding, shelling, and hiking opportunities. The National Park Service provides a boardwalk that begins in front of the fort and extends one third of a mile across the island to the preferred south beach and Gulf of Mexico swim area. Life guards are generally available in summer. Call for an update or more information. The National Park Service provides restrooms, freshwater showers, drinking water, covered picnic areas. A snack bar located along the boardwalk on the Gulf Beach. Join in on the fun happening on Ship Island by booking your tickets now!
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Monday – Tuesday No trip No trip Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am 2:30 pm Saturday – Sunday 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm
BILOXI FERRY – UNAVAILABLE
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Sunday – Saturday (all week) 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm Day of the Week Depart Biloxi Depart Ship Island Sunday – Saturday (all week) 10:00 am 3:30 pm
Day of the Week Depart Gulfport Depart Ship Island Wednesday – Friday 9am 2:30pm Saturday – Sunday 9:00 am & 12:00 pm 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm