Ship Island Excursions and Gulf Islands National Seashore Present:
Discover historic and natural resources of Ship Island. Students of all ages will learn about:
- History of Ship Island and Fort Massachusetts
- French Colonization of Coastal Mississippi and Louisiana, starting at Ship Island in 1699
- Importance of Ship Island to Great Britain during New Orleans' siege in 1815
- Admiral Farragut and Civil War naval actions near New Orleans and later in Mobile Bay
- Thousands of Confederate P.O.W.s held on Ship Island during civil war
- First African American troops to fight in the Civil War stationed on Ship Island
- Maritime history of the Mississippi Sound and Port of Gulfport
- Flora and fauna of barrier islands
- Birds of barrier islands and Mississippi Sound
Educational Programs offered by MS Gulf Coast Reasearch Lab, University of Southern Mississippi, and the National Park Service:
- Learn why barrier islands are important
- Marine Biology Program
- Introduction to a North Central Gulf island eco-system.
- Students will experience a variety of marine organisms.
- Learn about Mississippi coastal zone and Sound.
Group Discount Policy
Rates (20+ with reservation)
- Adult (age 11+) $ 25
- Children (age 3-10) $ 17
- Not applicable Saturdays, Holidays, or Holiday weekends.
- Minimum 20 passengers to qualify for reduced fare.
- Reservations must be booked 48 hours before departure .
- Group discount is not available on day of trip.
- No Deposit is required. However, reservation must be confirmed by phone one day before cruise or risk forfeiture.
- Payment by single approved check, or consolidated cash payment only.
- Upon arrival at ticket office; please only group leaders enter the ticket office, with reservation information and payment ready.
For Reservations, Please Print the Group Reservation Form and Fax to:
(228) 864-3797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Reservations subject to seating availability on excursion boats
To confirm your reservation please call
(228) 864-1014 or email us at email@example.com